Diplomacy and Global Affairs
The Research Group “Diplomacy and Global Affairs” focuses on topics such as changing global power constellations, (international) diplomacy, conflict prevention and resolution, the work of actors such as international, multilateral, regional and non-governmental institutions, and research on the prevention of humanitarian challenges.
- Antoaneta Dimitrova
Central to the research group is a focus on how the changing global order and adaptations in international and regional institutions affect the ways in which various actors, including governmental and non-governmental institutions, can effectively address global challenges. By having an explicit focus on the role of multilateral institutions and on diplomacy, the Research Group “Diplomacy and Global Affairs” is closely linked to the ambitions of The Hague as the International City of Peace and Justice.
Connection with other research
- Diplomacy and Global Affairs
- EU-STRAT: ‘The EU and Eastern Partnership Countries: An Inside-Out Analysis and Strategic Assessment’
- Explaining European Union Decision-Making: Insights from the Natural and Social Sciences (EUDINS)
- Explaining Decision-Making in the European Union
- Project 'Decision-Making in the European Union Before and After Lisbon' (DEUBAL)
- State Building Through Life Stories
- Conditions for a successful interregional approach: the case of EU-Latin America