Merel van Vliet
- PhD Candidate at the Parenting, Child Care and Development programme group, Leiden University. Research project: ‘The What and How in weaning: A randomised controlled trial to assess the effects of vegetable exposure and responsive feeding on vegetable acceptance in infants and toddlers’ (2015-present).
- Research Assistant at Leiden University, Department of Neuropedagogics (2014-2015). Project: ‘A good start’.
- MSc in ‘Developmental psychopathology in education and child studies’, Leiden University (Research). Specialization: Clinical child and adolescent studies (2012-2014). Master thesis: ‘The relation between maternal depression and the infant stress response system: The role of positive parenting’.
- Research Internship. Project: ‘A good start’, Leiden University (2013-2014).
- Clinical Internship at the Ambulatorium, Faculty of Social and Behavioral Science, Leiden University. Department of Developmental Disorders (2013-2014).
- BSc in Education and Child Studies. Specialization: Clinical Child and Adolescent Studies, Leiden University (2009-2012).
- BSc in Music Teaching, Royal Conservatory Den Haag (2005-2009). Cum Laude.
Research areas and activities
- Obesity in children
- Prevention and intervention studies
- Parent-child interactions
- Tutor first year students Education and Child Studies
- Practice in empirical research
- Onderzoekspracticum 1
- Master thesis lab
- Master thesis and BA thesis project supervision
- NVO Basis Orthopedagoog
- NVO Basisaantekening Diagnostiek
- Startcursus Didactische Basisvaardigheden – ICLON
- Prof. dr. Judi Mesman
- Dr. Shelley van der Veek
- Geven van opvoedondersteuning d.m.v. VIPP-SD, veelal via Indigo Preventie