Manuela du Bois Reymond
Manuela du Bois-Reymond studied psychology, sociology and education in Berlin (FU) and New York (Columbia). She worked at Teacher College in Berlin and got her PhD at Bremen University on the relationship school – parental home.
1977-2002 professor for pedagogy at University of Leiden; 2002 onwards free senior researcher. Since 1995 founding member of European research group EGRIS; various projects in EU Framework Programs on transition of young people from school to the labour market, family relations and life-work balance. Last project: “Education in a European Knowledge Society” with research team Governance of Educational Trajectories in Europe (GOETE).
- Relationship parents – children/young people
- Transition to young parenthood
- Non formal education and school reform
- Teacher professionalization
- Childhood and youth in intercultural perspective
- Transition period of young people in comparative perspective
- Youth policy strategies in Europe
M. du Bois-Reymond approaches research topics from a biographical and comparative-intercultural perspective.
She has wide experience with team work of members of different European countries and competencies in the context of research organization. She publishes in various languages in international journals and books.