Manja Koenders is assistant professor at the Department of Clinical Psychology. Further she works as a research coordinator of the Bipolar Netherlands Cohort (BINCO) Study. Besides working at the section of Clinical Psychology, she works part-time as a GZ-psychologist at PsyQ Leiden. She is an active member in the field of bipolar disorders in the Netherlands. She holds a position in the board of the Dutch Society of Bipolar Disorders. Previously she was a member of the taskforce of the workgroup of the Dutch Bipolar Disorder Standard of Care. Currently, she is in the editorial board of the Dutch Handbook of Bipolar Disorders.
My research focuses on psychological mechanisms and treatment of bipolar disorder. My PhD research (finished in 2016, title: Tangled up in Mood: predicting the bipolar disease course) focused on psychosocial predictors of the bipolar disease course, such as stress and social support. My current interest is specifically focused on the role of emotion regulation problems and personality factors in bipolar disorders. Within a large multicenter cohort study (BINCO) we will collect data on these psychological factors and we will study its effects on the disease course and aim to identify targets for new psychological interventions for patients with bipolar disorder. Additionally, we are developing an emotion regulation therapy for patients with bipolar disorder.
- Rahele Mesbah – Psychological and neurobiological vulnerabilities in bipolar disorder patients (2016-2023)
- Roanne Glas – Psychological mechanisms in bipolar disorder (2020-2026)
Clinical Psychology (bachelor course), Basic Therapeutic Skills (master course), Internship supervision, Thesis Supervision.
- GZ-Psycholoog Psyq Leiden
- Lecturer RINO postdoctoral education – course bipolar disorders
- Member of the board of the Dutch Society of Bipolar Disorders
- Member of the editorial board of the Dutch Handbook of Bipolar Disorders
2016-2017: Member of the workgroup ‘Standard of Care Bipolar Disorders’ - Trimbos