Leticia Pablos Robles
My research interest is in the interdisciplinary fields of psycho and neurolinguistics. I am interested in the subconscious mechanisms present in the comprehension of phenomena on the syntax-semantics and syntax-prosody interface.
I currently work in the NWO Project "Understanding Questions". This project is in charge of examining the anticipatory processes in the processing of wh-in-situ questions of Mandarin Chinese and French by investigating the prosodic characteristics of these constructions via their production and comprehension. To study these phenomena I use both behavioral techniques and electrophysiology and I have carried out fieldwork in France and China.
Fields of interest
- Processing of wh-in-situ questions
- Processing of syntactic dependencies
- Processing phenomena at the syntax-semantics and syntax-phonology interface
- Event-related potentials associated with linguistic phenomena
- Cross-linguistic sentence comprehension studies
- Second language sentence comprehension
2011-2013: Lecturer, Latin American Department, Leiden University.
2010 - 2011: Guest lecturer for minor in Brain and Cognition and Psycholinguistics modules, Psychology and Linguistics Departments, Leiden University.
2008-2009: Lecturer, English and German Philology Department, University of the Basque Country.
2014-present: Post-doctoral Researcher in the NWO Vrije Competitie Project “Understanding Questions” at Leiden University.
2009-2013: Associate Researcher on the project "Understanding of parsing strategies in the completion of long-distance dependencies" at Leiden University.
2008-2009: Post-doctoral Researcher on the project “BRAINGLOT, Bilingualism and Cognitive Neuroscience” at the University of the Basque Country.
2006- 2008: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow on the project “Structural and Semantic Licensing of Negative Polarity Dependencies: evidence from Basque and Spanish” at the University of Reading.
2006: PhD Thesis “Pre-verbal Structure building in Romance Languages and Basque” in Linguistics at the University of Maryland.
- Yoshida, M., Kazanina, N., Pablos, L. & Sturt, P. (to appear). Island Constraints and Online Dependency Formation Processes, Proceedings of North East Linguistic Society (NELS) 41.
- Pablos, L. (2011) 'Rich Agreement in Basque: evidence for pre-verbal structure building' in Yuki Hirose, Jerry Packard & Hiroko Yamashita. (Eds). Processing and Producing Head-Final Structures. Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics. Springer: Dordrecht.
- Pablos, L. (2008) 'Filled-Gap Effects in Sentence Processing: different accounts compared', ASJU, Anuario del Seminario de Filología Vasca Julio de Urquijo: International Journal of Basque Linguistics and Philology, Vol. 42, Nº. 1, pp. 309-332. ISSN 0582-6152.
- Pablos, L. & Saddy, J.D. (2008) 'NPIs and Complementizer Agreement in Basque' in Kai Alter, Merle Horne, Magnus Lindgren, Mikael Roll, & Janne von Koss Torkildsen (Eds.), Papers from Brain Talk: Discourse with and in the Brain. The 1st Birgit Rausing Language Program Conference in Linguistics. Lund: Lund University, Media Tryck. ISBN: 978-91-633-5561-5.
No relevant ancillary activities