Jessica Kiefte-de Jong
Jessica Kiefte-de Jong is an Assistant Professor in Nutrition and Public Health. Her research is focused on the role of nutrition and lifestyle and the risk of chronic diseases in different stages of life (eg. during pregnancy, childhood and adulthood) as well as psychosocial determinants of dietary behaviour.
Extension number: 8373
Jessica Kiefte-de Jong is an Assistant Professor in Nutrition and Public Health. At LUC she teaches in the major Global Public Health. She is also affiliated with the Department of Public Health and Primary Care/LUMC Campus The Hague and with the Department of Epidemiology and Pediatrics at Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Her primary research is focused on the role of nutrition on the risk of chronic diseases in different stages of life (eg. during pregnancy, childhood and adulthood) as well as psychosocial and environmental aspects of public health nutrition such as food insecurity.
Jessica became a registered nutritionist at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences. After that she obtained her MSc in Public Health Research and Nutrition at the VU University (The Netherlands). In 2012 she obtained a PhD in Early Life Nutrition from the Sophia Children's Hospital/Erasmus Medical Center (The Netherlands). In 2014 and 2016 she was a visiting research fellow at the Harvard School of Public Health (USA) to study dietary fators involved in the development of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
For further details please see her CV.
- Public Health Nutrition
- Clinical Nutrition
- Lifecourse and nutritional epidemiology
- Prevention of non-communicable diseases
- Introduction to Epidemiology and Global Public Health
- Nutrition and Health
- Primary and Secondary Prevention Strategies
- Maternal and Child Health
Grants and Awards
- NutsOhra (2013)
- LUF - Den Dulk Moermans Fund (2015)
- The Hague Municipality (2017, 2018)
- Dutch Heart Foundation Den Dekker Laureate (2018)
- Faculty Governance and Global Affairs
- Leiden University College
- Commissielid 'Voedingsaanbevelingen voor zwangerschap en lactatie en kinderen tot 2 jaar'
- Associate editor