Janine Prins graduated at Leiden University as Drs in Visual Anthropology and at the National Film and Television School (NFTS) in the UK as documentary producer-director. She operates both practically and theoretically on the intersections between film, art, and anthropology.
Her latest multi-screen heritage project ‘Legacy of Silence’ involves installation practices, developed during a stay in Brussels with SIC (www.soundimageculture.org).
- Prins J. (2018), Expanded footage. Blending Video into a Colonial Heritage Experience, Anthrovision 6(1): 1-19.
- Prins J. (2018), Legacy of Silence: identifying future ghosts in a troubled past. Conference Art, Materiality and Representation, London.
- Prins J. (2017), Legacy of Silence. Brussels, (SoundImageCulture). [other].
- Prins J. (2017), Blending Video into a Colonial Heritage Experience. Norms and Alternatives, Anthropological approaches to practices and narratives of change. Annual meeting of Swiss Anthropologists, Neuchatel.
- Sabiescu A.G., Woolley M. Cummings C., Prins J. & Forbes N. (2017), Online maker communities. Craft and new spaces of engagement with cultural heritage.. In: Ciolfi L., Damala A., Hornecker E., Lechner M., Maye L. (Eds.) Cultural Heritage Communities. Technologies and Challenges.. London and New York: Routledge. 38-59.
- Prins J. (8 November 2016), Beyond 'Trump or Hillary': A travelogue.. Beyond 'Trump or Hillary': a travelogue.. Leiden: Leiden Anthropology Blog [blog entry].
- Kneafsey M., Taylor E., Prins J., Koebe K. & Wunderlich A. (2016), Corso Zundert: The Dutch Flower Parade. Chapter in report: Structures for community and territorial cohesion (pp 28-50)..
- Prins J. (2016), Het fenomeen dat Zundert heet.. Interviewed by Geene E., Smits K. [interview].
- Bruinenberg H., Van Leengoed L. & Prins J. (15281) (2016), RICHES co-creation sessions (15313). Amsterdam: Waag Society. [film]