Jan Dirk Blom
Professor by Special Appointment of Clinical Psychopathology
Jan Dirk Blom studied medicine in Groningen and Leiden. He obtained his MD in 1994, and started working as a resident in the Neurology Department of the University Medical Center Utrecht. In 1996 he switched to psychiatry, and in 2001 registered as a BIG-certified psychiatrist. In 2003 he obtained his PhD at Leiden University’s Department of Philosophy. He has been working at Parnassia Psychiatric Institute in The Hague since 1996. He specializes in the field of psychotic disorders, and is head of the Outpatient Clinic for Uncommon Psychiatric Syndromes. In addition, he is Director of Parnassia’s Psychiatric Residency Training Programme for Adult Psychiatry. Blom has been lecturing at the Faculty of Medicine and FSW for several years, and as of January, 2016, has been appointed Professor of Clinical Psychopathology at FSW.
His research is in the field of psychotic disorders, notably hallucinations.
- 2014: SAP NVvP & Tijdschrift voor Psychiatrie: Publication Award
- 2014: SAP NVvP: Most appreciated Psychiatric Residency Training programme
- 2013: Mednet Top Physician
- 2011: Mednet Top Physician
November 11, 2016
- Anastasia Lim, MD, psychiatrist (Hallucinations attributed to jinn)
- Jan Adriaan Coebergh, MD, neurologist (Musical hallucinations)
- Clinical psychiatrist, Parnassia Psychiatric Institute, The Hague (psychotic disorders)
- Deputy Director of the Psychiatric Residency Training programme, Parnassia Psychiatric Institute, The Hague
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Groningen
No relevant ancillary activities