Ingrid Samset is an Assistant Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies at Leiden University College. She studies dynamics of security, justice and political reform in transitions from violent conflict. She has conducted field research in Angola, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Sri Lanka.
Samset received her PhD in comparative politics from the University of Bergen. Prior to joining LUC, she taught peace and development studies at the University of Limerick and worked as a researcher at the Chr. Michelsen Institute. She has also been a visiting scholar at Columbia University, the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro and the Transitional Justice Institute at Ulster University. At LUC, she teaches courses as part of the International Justice and World Politics majors.
- Peace and conflict studies
- Transitions from armed conflict and authoritarian rule
- Conflict resolution and peacebuilding
- Introduction to Peace and Conflict Studies
- Regional Trends: Political Transitions in Africa
- Security and Rights
- Transitional Justice
- Global Challenges: Diversity
No relevant ancillary activities