I obtained my MSc degree cum laude in Environmental Sciences and Technologies at the University of Milano-Bicocca (Italy). Afterwards, I did my PhD student at the University of Milano-Bicocca in the Environmental sciences department, on a project aiming at improving the in vitro prediction of the carcinogenic potential of chemicals with the Cell Transformation Assay (CTA). During my PhD, I developed methods and algorithm to automate the visual scoring through digital image analysis, and I contributed to the unravelling of the process of in vitro transformation by characterizing the transformed clones obtained with CTA. After my PhD, I worked as post-doctoral researcher at the Leiden University on a project aiming at establishing innovative methods to discover translational mechanistically relevant safety biomarkers for drug exposures (IMI eTRANSAFE project http://etransafe.eu/). During my postdoc, I developed the TXG-MAPr (https://txg-mapr.eu/), a tool based on weighted gene co-regulated networks that aid the interpretation of toxicogenomics data to obtain a mechanistic-based risk assessment. In my current position, I aim to progress the acceptance of omics technologies for chemical safety assessment and exploit network-based methods to improve our understanding of the mechanisms of action of drugs and to improve animal-to-human and in vitro-to-in vivo translation.
- eTRANSAFE (improving the eficiency of translational safety assessment approaches during the medicines discovery pipeline)
- RISK-HUNT3R (RISK assessment of chemicals integrating HUman centric Next generation Testing strategies promoting the 3Rs) - PARC (Partnership for the Assessment of Risks from Chemicals)
- TD-TRAQ (Characterisation of human variability in toxicodynamics: towards the development of quantitative Adverse Outcome Pathways, qAOPs)
- Regulation of Drug Safety (in AA 2023-2024: Regulatory Toxicology
- Advanced non-animal approaches for chemical safety assessment)
- Coordination of the Bacheloronderzoeksopdracht BFW
No relevant ancillary activities