G.M. Veldt is connected to the Institute for Private Law as PhD candidate since 17 December 2012.
- LLM Dutch Civil law (specializations ‘Civil Law’ and ‘Trade and Company Law’), Maastricht University, graduation 2008
Product safety and private law
From the end of the 20th century onwards, various directives and regulations have been developed to harmonize product safety in the European Union. These public law regulations, that rely on private governance/standardization for the interpretation of general requirements mentioned therein, are being enforced by public law authorities. At this moment it is unclear whether, and to what extent, these safety provisions influence the private law ‘business to consumer’- relations, as well as ‘business to business’ relations. One of the aims of this research is to clarify how to deal with these provisions within Dutch private law.
- Faculteit Rechtsgeleerdheid
- Instituut voor Privaatrecht
- Civiel recht
- Schrijven van bijdragen en redactionele werkzaamheden
- Begeleiding van niet-Nederlandssprekenden