Professor of (International) Estate Planning
Prof. Dr. Sonneveldt is related to the Institute for Private Law since the 1st of September 2007.
Prof. dr. Frans Sonneveldt is a partner in the firm Mazars Private Clients Tax Consultants in the Netherlands, The Hague.
He is a professor at Leiden University (department of notarial law) and a lecturer in the International Tax Program at that university. He was a member of the Moltmaker Committee engaged in the preparation of a report on the revision of the Dutch Inheritance Tax Act 1956. He is also a deputy-judge at the Court of Appeals at ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
Mr. Sonneveldt was a panelist of a seminar on international estate planning during the 2002 Oslo Congress of International Fiscal Association (IFA), he chaired a seminar on this subject for IFA in Vienna in September 2004 and he was the chair of subject 2 (‘death as a taxable event and its international ramifications’) at the IFA Congress 2010 in Rome.
Mr. Sonneveldt is a member of the International Academy of Estate and Trust Law (IAETL) and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). He was a visiting Scholar at Harvard Law School and a guest lecturer at Queens’ College Cambridge, New York University and the University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland. He is also a lecturer at the Executive Master Program of Advanced Studies in International Taxation at the University of Lausanne, Switzerland. Since 2014 he is a Member of the ‘group of experts on removing tax problems facing individuals who are active across borders within the EU’ at the European Commission.
- Anglo-American Trust and other trust like devices.
- Estate Planning including legal and tax advice on last wills, prenuptial agreements, divorces, gifts, emigration and immigration.
- Raadsheer plaatsvervanger
- Lecturer International Tax Program
- Lid van Comité van Aanbeveling
- Lid van de Raad van Toezicht
- Docent Executive Master Program of Advanced Studies in International Taxation
- Voorzitter Bestuur
- Lid van Wetenschappelijk Advies Raad (WAR)
- Voorzitter van het Bestuur
- Buitengewoon lid
- lid van de Redactieraad
- Practice Council
- Lid Redactie Fiscale Praktijk Reeks
- lid Raad van Advies
- Vaste medewerker