Liesbeth Eurelings-Bontekoe is a registered clinical psychologist and psychotherapist, and specialized in the assessment and treatment of personality pathology. Her research focusses on the assessment of personality pathology, using a theory driven profile approach to selfreports, in particular the Dutch Short Form of the MMPI and the MMPI-2. In addition, she is interested in personality pathology as a risk factor for the development and maintainance of axis I disorders, more in particular somatoform disorders. Untill September 2016 she was director of the postmaster professional training of psychologists in healthcare.
Main research interests
Assessment of personality pathology using a theory driven, integrative approach to selfreports.
Up until her retirement in March 2017 her teaching activities pertained to psychopathology, psychotherapy and psychological assessment. Her supervision of the BAPD (Basisaantekening Psychodiagnostiek) is ongoing.
Dissertations (PhD projects)
H.Schaap-Jonker (2018). Associations between the image of God, mentalization and personality organization. Prom.: prof.dr. J.M.T. Corveleyn (KU-Leuven/VU), prof.dr. E.H.M. Eurelings- Bontekoe
Psychodiagnostician at Arkin Mental Health Care, Amsterdam.
- Eurelings-Bontekoe, E.H.M., Onnink, A., Williams, M en Snellen, W.M. (2008). A new approach to the assessment of structural personality pathology. Theory driven profile interpretation of the Dutch Short Form of the MMPI. New Ideas in Psychology, 26, 23-40.
- Eurelings-Bontekoe, E.H.M., Dam, A. van, Luyten, P.,Verhulst, W., Van Tilburg, C., De Heus, P. en Koelen, J.A. (2009). Structural diagnosis using Dutch Short Form of MMPI profiles predicts drop out and treatment response in short term cognitive behavioral group therapy for axis I disorders. Journal of Personality Assessment, 91, 5, 439-452.
- Eurelings-Bontekoe, E.H.M., Luyten, P. en Snellen, W.M. (2009). Validation of the theory driven profile interpretation of the Dutch Short form of the MMPI using the TAT Social Cognition and Objectrelations Scale (SCORS). Journal of Personality Assessment, 91, 2, 155 - 165.
- Eurelings-Bontekoe, E.H.M., Luyten, P., Remijsen, M. en Koelen, J.A. Association between personality organization as assessed by theory driven profiles of Dutch Short Form of MMPI and self-reported structural personality pathology. Journal of Personality Assessment (in press).
- Eurelings-Bontekoe, E.H.M., Luyten, P., IJssennagger, M., Van Vreeswijk, M. & Koelen, J.A. Relationship between personality organization and Young's cognitive model of personality pathology. Personality and Individual Differences, 49, 198-203.
- verzorgen directe patientenzorg