- 2018-heden: Assistant Professor Educational Science, Institute of Education and Child Studies
- 2016-2018: Postdoctoral Researcher, Perfetti Lab, Learning Research and Development Center, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- 2011-2016: PhD, dissertation title: Monitoring the Coherence of Texts: Coherence-break Detection Across Development. Supervisors Prof. Paul van den Broek and Dr. Linda van Leijenhorst
- 2009-2010: Psychologist: Clinical work at a center for children with learning disabilities, mostly dyslexia
- 2009: MSc Clinical Neuropsychology, VU Amsterdam
Anne studies the cognitive processes involved in reading comprehension. Her research focuses on how the human brain constructs coherence out of texts using behavioral and neuroimaging methods in both children and adults.