I am an assistant professor neuropsychology in the Health, Medical and Neuropsychology unit at Leiden University and a psychologist at G-Kracht psychomedical institute Amsterdam. The core of my interests is patient care and the improvement thereof. Neuropsychology, rehabilitation, E-Health, (psycho)therapy, (somatic) disease and (neuro)psychiatry are all part of this.
My research interests lie in the improvement of treatments; in neurological disorders (with an emphasis on fatigue), but also in in the (neuro)psychiatric field with a clear link to theory and empirics. Herein new delivery formats of treatment via eHealth and serious gaming also have my interest.
- The treatment of Fatigue after acquired brain injury: eCOGRAT and Grip op energie.
- Serious gaming in rehabilitation: LAKA
- Promoting independence in persons with intellectual disabilities
- Dual tasking, contraconditioning and working memory in trauma
For the academic courses, I am one of the coordinators of the courses:
- Intervention strategies in clinical neuropsychology: Theory
- Intervention strategies in clinical neuropsychology; Practice
- Revalidatiefonds grant (2015). for the development of an eHealth application for the treatment of fatigue after acquired brain damage.
- Johanna Kinderfonds grant (2015) and Adriaanfonds grant (2015) for the development of an eHealth application for children with fatigue after acquired brain damage.
Supervised PhD candidates
- supervisor wetenschap postdoc opleiding Klinisch Psycholoog
- Psychotherapeut i.o.