Leiden University Fund - Lutfia Rabbani Scholarship Fund
This fund is intended for students who have demonstrated exceptional academic excellence and a strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue.
- 31 March 2023 23:59 CET
- Target group
- Countries/ nationalities
- Nationals of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen.
- Scholarship type
- Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
The scholarship is intended for students who have received an official letter of admission to a one-year Master's programme at Leiden University. Applicants must be nationals of one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates or Yemen.
- Once the awardee formally accepts the scholarship, the signed terms and conditions act as a legal contract between the awardee (i.e. the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation scholar) and the scholarship organisation (i.e. the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and Leiden University Fund).
- The scholarship awardee must submit a mid-year academic progress report including a list of grades acheived to date.
- Within two months of completion of their study programme at Leiden University, the scholarship awardee must submit a report on their experiences to the Board of the Foundation. The Board of the Foundation reserves the right to edit the report for communication purposes.
Up to € 30,000 for one academic year (maximum), depending on tuition fees and budget.
- Apply for admission to a one-year Master's programme at Leiden University. Make sure to submit your application by 1 Feb at the latest in order to gain admission before the scholarship application deadline of 31 March! It can take 4 to 6 weeks for applications to be processed by Leiden University.
- After admission to Leiden University, submit your scholarship application via the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation/LUF 2023 scholarship portal.
Make sure to have all the following required documents ready to upload in the scholarship portal:
- Statement of motivation and purpose (in English)
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- Copy of your passport
- Copies of all your degrees and diplomas accompanied by academic transcripts (with English translations)
- Two signed reference letters issued by academic or professional referees (in English)
- Your letter of admission to Leiden University. Applicants who have not yet been admitted will not be considered.
- A detailed outline of the Master's degree programme to which you have been admitted and intend to pursue at Leiden University (in English)
- A detailed budget, using the budget template on the scholarship website. Make sure to include tuition fees, all other expenses and details of any other scholarships or sources of funding for which you have applied.
- Signed and dated Application Form which can be downloaded via the scholarship website.
The Leiden University Fund - Lutfia Rabbani Foundation scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring programme that offers scholarship recipients guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation's extensive and diverse network and platforms. Students will engage in a two-way exchange leading to an appreciation of each others' cultures which is essential for building genuine understanding and dialogue.
The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund have renewed their partnership on the 15th of September, 2021. This reiterates the commitment of both organisations to support exceptional talent from the MENA region, stressing the importance of international scholarships as a tool to promote Euro-Arab dialogue. It will support students who demonstrate exceptional academic excellence and a strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue. The Fund shall provide one full scholarship annually to a Master’s student from an Arab country to attend a Master’s programme at Leiden University.
Visit the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation website, or contact the Foundation directly:
Lutfia Rabbani Foundation
P.O. Box 352
2501 CJ The Hague
Tel : +31 70 365 88 41