Natural Products Lab
- We focus on natural products research, traditional medicine, ethnobotany and phytochemistry.
- Information about the instruments and contact can be found via the portal 'Open Access Research Infrastructure' (OARI).
2333 CC Leiden
The Natural Products Lab (NPL) is a shared facility for research and development of natural products.
- Extraction and isolation of target compounds from natural products at both an analytical and preparative scale
- Chemical analysis of target compounds in complex mixtures (e.g. extracts containing primary metabolites (e.g. sugar, amino acids, or lipids) and secondary metabolites (e.g. alkaloids, terpenoids, or flavonoids) using a wide range of chromatographic or spectroscopic-based phytochemical analytical tools such as LCMS, NMR techniques, GCMS, SFC, etc.
- Identification and/or structural elucidation of isolated compounds
- Chemical fingerprinting using metabolomics or metabolic profiling techniques
- Scaling-up of developed extraction methods to production scale
- Application of green technology to the production of natural product extracts using natural deep eutectic solvents, ionic liquids, deep eutectic solvents and supercritical fluids.