Online Webinar Series: Children’s Access to Justice in Practice
From Wednesday 20 October 2021 to Thursday 21 April 2022, Leiden Children’s Rights Observatory and the Centre for Constitutional Studies of the Supreme Court of Mexico will organise an Online Webinar Series on Children’s Access to Justice and the Optional Protocol on a Communications Procedure (OP3).
The Online Webinar Series Children’s Access to Justice in Practice: The Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on a Communications Procedure (OP3) is the result of the partnership between Leiden Law School and the Centre for Constitutional Studies of the Mexican Supreme Court (CEC-SCJN). Earlier this year Leiden Law School and CEC-SCJN signed a memorandum of understanding to carry out joint activities in the field of constitutional law and children’s rights, which includes among others collaboration with respect to the Leiden Children’s Rights Observatory.
During the Online Webinar Series several OP3-related topics will be discussed by leading children’s rights experts from around the world (Ireland, Mexico, the Netherlands, Thailand, Argentina, United Kingdom, South Africa and Uruguay):
- Wednesday 20 October 2021: Access to justice for children and the OP3
- Thursday 2 December 2021: Lessons learned on admissibility under the OP3
- Tuesday 18 January 2022: Standard setting under the OP3: trends and ramifications for migrant children
- Thursday 17 February 2022: The Role of children in access to justice: the OP3 as an empowering tool
- Thursday 17 March 2022: Creating change through remedies and the OP3
- Thursday 21 April 2022: The future of OP3 and its potential added value in Latin America
The sessions can be viewed via Zoom, please register here. The sessions will also be broadcast live via Facebook and YouTube/SCJN.
The flyer for the first meeting on Wednesday 20 October 2021 can be found here.