Invitation to Jaap Doek Children’s Rights Thesis Award Ceremony & Book launch ‘25 years CRC’
The Child Law Department of Leiden University and Defence for Children kindly invites you to the fourth Jaap Doek Children’s Rights Thesis Award Ceremony and the official launch of the book ‘The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Taking Stock after 25 Years and Looking Ahead’ (Brill | Nijhoff).
Nominees for the Jaap Doek Thesis Award 2016:
1. Annelotte Hoepman (University of Amsterdam) - ‘Am I my brother’s keeper?’ A multidisciplinary study about families ‘fleeing’ from youth care.
2. Maartje Kouwenberg (Erasmus University Rotterdam) - Exceeding the reasonable time in juvenile justice. Assessing the desirability of the possibility of declaring the prosecution inadmissible as a consequence of exceeding the reasonable time in juvenile justice.
3. Céril van Leeuwen (Leiden University) - The right to be heard restricted: is this desirable in the civil law proceedings?
4. Marine Mathieu (Leiden University) - The practice of enjo kõsai in Japan through the perspective of children’s rights.
5. Annemiek van Vliet (Utrecht University) - Children or Asylum Seekers? Children’s Rights in Dutch Asylum Seekers Centres and Family Locations.
Opening remarks by Prof. Ton Liefaard, UNICEF Professor of Children’s Rights, Leiden Law School
Presentation of keynote speaker Prof. Ursula Kilkelly, Dean of University College Cork, Law School and Head of the College of Business and Law (Ireland)
Announcement Winner Jaap Doek Thesis Award 2016
Book Launch ‘25 years CRC'
Presentation of the book to:
- Prof. Larissa van den Herik (Vice-dean of Leiden Law School)
- Prof. Margrite Kalverboer (Dutch Children’s Ombudsperson)
Reception at Faculty Club Brasserie
If you would like to attend this event, please register through the following link.
Please contact the Child Law Department of Leiden University via email@example.com or +31 (0)71 527 60 56