Summer School Science Communication
Would you like to learn more about communicating your research with other audiences than the scientific community? The Science Communication and Society department from Leiden University is inviting young researchers (PhD, postdoc, or other early career) to join our Summer School about science communication in Leiden from 3 – 7 July, 2023. This year we open our Summer School for all disciplines in science, including social science, natural science and humanities.
The program will include:
- Introduction to science communication, inspiration on SciCom products.
- Lectures on communication theory, target audiences, how to include outreach in funding proposals, literature and best practices.
- Presentations by guest speakers about their experiences with different types of science communication.
- Workshops on social media and science journalism.
- Throughout the week, participants will develop a science communication product together which will be presented at the end of the week.
Since there are limited spots (20-25), we ask you to include a motivation letter (max 1 page) and your CV (max 1 page) when submitting your registration. If you’re interested, please register here before March 31, 2023.
The registration fee is €450,-. Coffee/tea and lunch will be provided, as well as a closing reception on Friday.
See our website for more information.