Preventing Violent Extremism
This advanced summer programme focuses on the field of preventing, detecting and responding to violent extremism and gives you insights in the opportunities and challenges of a networked approach.
The latest dilemmas and trends in the field of preventing violent extremism, various views on radicalisation, de-radicalisation and re-socialisation, geopolitical developments and how they influence public debate, the opportunities and challenges of a networked approach, the various roles and, perspectives of stakeholders active in the field, are all covered in this programme through lectures, workshops, serious games, panel discussions and much more.
Confirmed speakers this year include:
- Edwin Bakker, Professor of Terrorism and Counterterrorism, Leiden University; Head Knowledge and Research, Netherlands Police Academy
- Paul Gill, Senior Lecturer at University College London's Department of Security and Crime Science
- Shiraz Maher, Director of the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation (ICSR); Lecturer, War Studies Department at King’s College London
- Liesbeth van der Heide, Senior Research Fellow, International Centre for Counter-Terrorism – The Hague (ICCT)
- Donald Holbrook, Lecturer, Lancaster University
- Simon Minks, Senior Public Prosecutor of the region covered by the Hague Court of Appeal. Minks is specialised in the prosecution of terrorism cases and high profile international (war) crimes
- Bart Schuurman, Research Coordinator, International Centre for Counter-Terrorism – The Hague (ICCT); Assistant Professor, Institute of Security and Global Affairs, Leiden University
- Tahir Abbas, Assistant Professor, Institute of Security and Global Affairs, Leiden University; Visiting Senior Fellow, Department of Government at The London School of Economics and Political Science
- Matthew Feldman, Centre for Analysis of Radical Right
- Constant Hijzen, Institute of Security and Global Affairs
- Thomas Renard, Senior Research Fellow, The Egmont Institute
For any other questions or more information on the programme please also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two programmes at a discount
Participants have the opportunity to enroll in a complementary summer programme that focuses on the legal aspects of countering terrorism. for more details, look at the fee overview below. This programme is organised by the T.M.C. Asser Institute.
The summer programme will be held in The Hague. The programme combines its unique location in The Hague, the International City of Peace and Justice, with the academic expertise of the Institute for Security and Global Affairs and the ICCT.