Preventing Violent Extremism
This online summer programme focuses on the field of preventing, detecting and responding to violent extremism and gives insight in the opportunities and challenges of various approaches.
The latest dilemmas and trends in the field of preventing violent extremism, various views on radicalisation, de-radicalisation and re-socialisation, the opportunities and challenges of various approaches, and the various roles and perspectives of stakeholders active in the field are all covered in this programme. Through lectures, workshops, panel discussions and work visits the participants will exchange ideas and experiences with experts in the field.
Details about the programme will be shared here at a later stage. Do you want more information now? Email us at email@example.com
Speakers from last editions included:
- Edwin Bakker, Professor of Terrorism and Counterterrorism, Leiden University; Head Knowledge and Research, Netherlands Police Academy
- Paul Gill, Senior Lecturer at University College London's Department of Security and Crime Science
- Shiraz Maher, Director of the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation (ICSR); Lecturer, War Studies Department at King’s College London
- Liesbeth van der Heide, Senior Research Fellow, International Centre for Counter-Terrorism – The Hague (ICCT)
- Donald Holbrook, Lecturer, Lancaster University
- Simon Minks, Senior Public Prosecutor of the region covered by the Hague Court of Appeal. Minks is specialised in the prosecution of terrorism cases and high profile international (war) crimes
- Bart Schuurman, Research Coordinator, International Centre for Counter-Terrorism – The Hague (ICCT); Assistant Professor, Institute of Security and Global Affairs, Leiden University
- Jeanine de Roy van Zuijdewijn, Researcher at Institute of Security and Global Affairs, Leiden University and Research Fellow at the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism – The Hague (ICCT).
- Tahir Abbas, Assistant Professor, Institute of Security and Global Affairs, Leiden University; Visiting Senior Fellow, Department of Government at The London School of Economics and Political Science
- Matthew Feldman, Centre for Analysis of Radical Right
- Constant Hijzen, Institute of Security and Global Affairs
- Thomas Renard, Senior Research Fellow, The Egmont Institute
More information about the programme will follow soon.