Vitality and Ageing (MSc)
Discover the colorful careers of a greying society with the masters Vitality and Ageing. Become an expert on healthy ageing, co-creation, innovation and health management of an ageing population.
Apply now to start in September 2020!
The deadline for applications has been extended until 15 June 2020! Start your application procedure.
All educational activities in the LUMC will be canceled until April 6
13-03-2020: Due to the Coronavirus COVID-19 all events taking place at the LUMC are cancelled. We have arranged a broad scale of digitalised information activities for students who are considering to study Vitality and Ageing.
Check out the following options:
Discover the unique content of this master’s
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.
What does this master’s programme entail?
There’s more to growing old gracefully than staying as healthy as you can for as long as you can. For example, maintaining your independence and continued participation in valuable social activities are equally as important.
When it comes to getting old, our internationally oriented master’s programme will equip you with the kind of knowledge and dedicated academic skills that will enable you to enhance the lives of our senior citizens. Your expertise in the area of ageing will be enriched in three main areas: biological, individual and societal. As no other, you will be primed to play a key role in improving the future of our ageing society.
Read more about our Vitality and Ageing master's programme.
Why do the Master Vitality and Ageing in Leiden?
- The master’s Vitality and Ageing is a unique interdisciplinary programme combining various perspectives on ageing as the biology of healthy ageing, public health, and healthcare management.
- You will become an expert in health management of an ageing population. In addition to the knowledge on the ageing perspectives you will receive extensive training in Academic Development, Communication in Science and Research and Evidence.
- The master’s is appreciated by its students for the personalised study methods and small interdisciplinary set up. Students with various Bachelor backgrounds study together in small groups with extensive guidance from top lectures.
Will the Master Vitality and Ageing suit you?
- Do you have a background and experience in healthcare?
- Do you want to both broaden and deepen your knowledge of the biological, individual and societal aspects of vitality and ageing?
- Do you want to study in a highly international and interdisciplinary environment?
- Do you want to play a key role in improving the future of our ageing society?
All or mostly yesses? Then the Master Vitality and Ageing in Leiden is exactly what you are looking for! Read more about the entry requirements for the master Vitality and Ageing.
Chat with a student
Do you have a question about student life in Leiden, studying at Leiden University or do you want more information about a specific course? You can get in contact with a student from the Vitality and Ageing master's programme directly!