Vitality and Ageing (MSc)
Discover the colourful career opportunities of the international greying society with the Master Vitality and Ageing! Become an expert in biological mechanisms of ageing, individual aspects of old age and health management of an ageing population. In addition, you will develop your transferable academic skills with our extensive training programme in scientific writing, debating, co-creation and presenting.
Deadline applications: April 15 2018
Do you want to study the master Vitality and Ageing in September 2018? Start your career and apply before April 15! Start your application procedure on Studielink.
Vitality and Ageing Experience Day
“Visit the Vitality and Ageing Experience Day”. The next Experience Day takes place on March 26 2018.
Take a look at the programme and sign up.
What does this master’s programme entail?
There’s more to growing old gracefully than staying as healthy as you can for as long as you can. For example, maintaining your independence and continued participation in valuable social activities are equally as important. When it comes to getting old, our internationally oriented master’s programme will equip you with the kind of knowledge and dedicated academic skills that will enable you to enhance the lives of our senior citizens. Your expertise in the area of ageing will be enriched in three main areas: biological, individual and societal. As no other, you will be primed to play a key role in improving the future of our ageing society.
Read more about our Vitality and Ageing master's programme.
Master Vitality and Ageing
Why do the Master Vitality and Ageing in Leiden?
- This interdisciplinary programme reconciles knowledge in several disciplines, such as the biological and social aspects involved in the ageing process (gerontology), medical care for older adultse (geriatrics) and health management of an ageing population.
- The programme is the perfect mix of theory, practical knowledge and hands-on skills. It comprises scientific literature on vitality and ageing and training in academic and personal skills, including communicating with older people themselves (who actually participate in the programme).
- The international and interdisciplinary character of the programme is underscored by the fact that it’s taught in English by lecturers from diverse backgrounds and followed by students from all over the world.
Find more reasons to choose Vitality and Ageing at Leiden University.
Will the Master Vitality and Ageing suit you?
- Do you have a background and experience in healthcare?
- Do you want to both broaden and deepen your knowledge of the biological, individual and societal aspects of vitality and ageing?
- Do you want to study in a highly international and interdisciplinary environment?
- Do you want to play a key role in improving the future of our ageing society?
All or mostly yesses? Then the Master Vitality and Ageing in Leiden is exactly what you are looking for!
Read more about the entry requirements for the master Vitality and Ageing.