Statistics & Data Science (MSc)
- If you need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 1 April. The same deadline applies to students who already have a Dutch residence permit for study purposes and need to extend it.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 15 May.
- If you need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 15 October.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 15 November.
It is possible to start studying in both September and February. However, starting in September is highly recommended because otherwise the programme contains a lot of self-study in the first semester. Therefore, for starting dates other than in September, the Board of Admissions will judge whether the candidate’s academic background provides sufficient confidence that the candidate will be able to complete the Master’s programme in two years.
If you do not have a Dutch diploma that grants direct admission or you need to meet additional admission criteria, you’ll have to complete a two-part application procedure:
- First register your application(s) in the national system Studielink.
- A day later you will receive log-in details for Leiden University’s application system (uSis), where you can complete your application.
You must submit your application via Leiden University’s application system (uSis), before the deadlines mentioned above. So don’t delay; if you haven’t registered in Studielink and activated your uSis account in time to apply by the deadline, you’ll miss out!
Leiden University reserves a limited number of rooms each year for international students. However, as the number of housing requests always greatly exceeds the number of rooms available, we strongly recommend that you also look into other housing options at the same time. Read more about how and when to arrange housing. If you want to request accommodation via Leiden University, submit both your application for admission and your housing request well before the deadlines! Accommodation is offered on a first-come first-served basis and is not guaranteed. You don’t have to await admission before requesting housing.
If you want to apply for a scholarship, grant or loan, please bear in mind that different deadlines apply, and these deadlines can often be earlier. Deadlines vary per scholarship. Visit the scholarship website for more details.