International Organisation (MSc)
Why Leiden University?
- Leiden University’s Institute of Political Science is one of the largest political science departments in Europe. You will meet an outstanding staff with an active research agenda in IO, as well as considerable expertise in area studies.
- The International Organisation specialisation will help develop your understanding of how the world is governed. It addresses some of the most fascinating issues in the realm of conflict and cooperation at the international level.
- The IO offers a solid intellectual preparation for working professionally on issues of global governance.
- Besides studying interesting themes, you will also familiarise yourself with the state-of-the-art in political science literature and methodology.
- All courses are taught in small groups, allowing for personal contact with your fellow students, as well as your instructors.
- The Hague harbours the main national political institutions of the Netherlands and many international organisations. The city also proposes a wide variety of cultural, sports and leisure activities.
The Hague: a city with many different faces
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University