Literature in Society. Europe and Beyond (MA)
Create new opportunities with a master's degree from Leiden University.
As a graduate of the master in Literature in Society. Europe and Beyond, you are prepared for a career in a wide variety of fields, including journalism, teaching and communication. Our graduates find opportunities in the fields of archiving, publishing and other media industries, as well within the cultural public domain, the art-trade and public relations.
A Leiden University degree
Leiden University Master's graduates are sought-after employees at (inter)national organisations. Our graduates are known for their combination of robust academic training, in-depth and relevant knowledge, and critical, multidisciplinary approach to problem-solving.
The graphs below are based on alumni data from the cluster of Literary Studies 2015-2019.
In which sector do students find jobs?
- 36.0 % Education
- 14.0 % Communication and marketing
- 9.0 % Government and semi-government organisations
- 8.0 % IT
- 6.0 % Financial institutions
- 5.0 % Publishing and the book industry
- 5.0 % Media and journalism
- 3.0 % Research
- 3.0 % Consultancy
- 3.0 % Business services
How successful are they in finding a job?
- 75.0 % found a job within two months
- 89.0 % found their first job at academic level