Italian Literature and Culture (MA)
Create a world of opportunities with a master's degree from Leiden University
The master’s programme in Italian Literature and Culture prepares you for a wide range of positions. The demand for graduates with qualifications in the Italian language has increased significantly over the past few years. Your skills as a graduate of this programme are sought after, for example, by multinationals that maintain a business presence in Italy.
Some of the positions of our alumni include:
- Editor at a publishing house
- Translator and interpreter
- Programme maker for media and TV
- PhD candidate
- Marketing and communications officer
- Policy advisor
- Foreign rights manager
- Italian language instructor
- Data analyst at Nederlandse Spoorwegen
A Leiden University degree
Leiden University Master's graduates are sought-after employees at (inter)national organisations. Our graduates are known for their combination of robust academic training, in-depth and relevant knowledge, and critical, multidisciplinary approach to problem-solving.
The graphs below are based on alumni data from the MA in Literary Studies.
In which sector do students find jobs?
- 40.0 % Education
- 12.0 % Culture, sports and recreation
- 12.0 % Government and semi-government organisations
- 8.0 % Non-profit (e.g. at an idealistic organisation)
- 8.0 % Business services
- 8.0 % ICT
- 12.0 % Miscellaneous
How successful are they in finding a job?
- 88.0 % found a job within two months
- 80.0 % found their first job at academic level