European Politics and Society (MA)
Admission and Application
Do you want to apply for this master’s programme? Please check our admission and application information.
You should apply via the consortium website.
The admission window for the academic year 2021/2022 has opened. Online application is available here.
The deadline for scholarship applicants is on February 28, 2022 and for self-paying students on April 30, 2022. Please note that all applications received by February 28 will be automatically classified as applications for scholarships.
Applicants for the EPS programme will need to have obtained their BA certificates by the time of the start of the first semester of their studies (end of September every year). Having some background in international relations, political science, European studies or other related disciplines will prove advantageous for the students during the course of the programme.
Description of the entrance examination and evaluation criteria:
- In addition to the application, the following must be provided:
- Completed supplementary questionnaire indicating study track preferences
- Copies of all relevant diplomas and transcripts including two previous diplomas (two BAs or BA and High School diploma). If you have not yet finished your previous studies and thus do not have a diploma please submit a confirmation of studies including information on the expected date of graduation.
- Short academic curriculum vitae detailing all relevant qualifications and experience
- Letter of motivation
- 2 letters of recommendation
- All students who are non-native English speakers must provide evidence of the required level of English proficiency (test results or certificate of the required level of English proficiency (C1; CAE; IELTS 7.0; TOEFL 95)
Diplomas, transcripts, letters of recommendation and other documents whose original language is not English, have to be accompanied by a certified translation into English. Only complete applications will be considered.
Conditions for admission
The admissions commission will assess applicants on the basis of the documents submitted and rank them, using points 1 -10. The point limit for accepting applicants is set by the Dean. A pre-condition for being accepted is the completion of higher education studies.
Applicants may be asked to submit a writing sample, proving these qualities in the field of knowledge, understanding and skills.
Tuition fees for the EPS programme are €8000 per annum for non-EEA students, and €4500 per annum for EEA students. Please note that these fees cover only the cost of instruction and examinations, and that students are responsible for paying their own living expenses (food, lodging, etc.). As this is an Erasmus Mundus programme there are a large number of scholarships available covering both tuition fees and living expenses with application date of 28th February 2021.