Politics, Society and Economy of Asia (MA) (60EC)
To be eligible for Politics, Society and Economy of Asia at Leiden University, you must meet the following admission requirements.
The following diploma requirements apply for this programme:
- A bachelor’s degree from a Dutch research university with specialisation: Chinese Studies, Japanese Studies, Korean Studies or South and Southeast Asian Studies
The Faculty Board may, on request, grant admission to applicants who can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Faculty Board that they possess a level of knowledge, understanding and skills equal to that of holders of a bachelor’s degree from a Dutch research university in Chinese Studies, Japanese Studies, Korean Studies or South and Southeast Asian Studies;
You should meet the following requirements:
- the bachelor’s degree is in the field of humanities or social sciences,
- you should have knowledge of the nature and role of as well as the ability to analyse and report on academic inquiry in the humanities or social sciences.
- you should have completed components at the bachelor’s level (which may include the thesis) equivalent to at least 30 credits on the politics, society and/or economy of one or more Asian countries or regions.
In order to successfully participate in this programme, you must be proficient in English. The following requirements apply:
- IELTS: 7.0
- TOEFL (internet-based): 100
- C1 Advanced (former CAE) 185
For detailed information about which English qualifications are accepted, as well as the relevant exemption criteria, refer to English language proficiency.
Please note: You do not have to submit proof of proficiency if you have completed your education in Canada (except French-taught programmes in Canada), USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or when you hold an International Baccalaureate, or for Dutch students, if you have completed VWO level English or an English taught bachelor at a Dutch Research University.