Ying-ting Wang is a Lecturer at the Leiden University Institute for Area Studies.
Fields of interest
Chinese grammar, semantics, discourse, pragmatics and language pedagogy in the field of teaching Chinese as a foreign language.
MA in Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, National Taiwan Normal University (2011)
BA in Foreign Languages and Literature, National Chung Cheng University (2006)
- Mandarin Lecturer, Department of Chinese Studies, Leiden University (since 2012)
- Guest Teacher, Department of Chinese Studies, Leiden University (2011-2012)
- Mandarin Lecturer, Muenster University (2008-2009)
- Mandarin instructor, Chinese Summer School, Middlebury College (June-August 2008)
- Lecturer, International Chinese Language Program, National Taiwan University (2007-2008, 2009-2011)
2012-present: Member of Chinese Language Teachers Association
All levels of languages courses ranging from beginner to advanced level.
Currently, coordinator of the MA Modern Chinese Language Training (oral/aural & reading/writing) and of BA2 Language courses.