Siuman Chung finished her master Special Education, Clinical Child and Family Studies (Klinische Orthopedagogiek) at the VU University Amsterdam in 2009. In 2010 Siuman started her PhD study at the programme group of Learning and Behaviour Problems in Education: Challenges and Solutions at Leiden University, under supervision of prof. Christine Espin.
Her teaching activities include the supervision of internships for master students Coach for Learning and Development, and the supervision of master theses. For the ISED, Siuman is the PhD candidate representative of Leiden University. She helps organizing the IRD (ISED Research Days), and promotes network opportunities among PhD candidates.
- Chung S. (26 June 2018), CBM progress monitoring in reading and foreign-language learning for secondary-school students (PhD thesis. Education and Child Studies, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Leiden). Supervisor(s) and Co-supervisor(s): Espin C.A., Stevenson C.E.
- Espin C., Van den Bosch R. & Chung S. (2018), Data-based decision making: Improving teachers' understanding and interpretation of progress.. Leiden: Lorentz International Workshop, Data-based Decision-making in Education: The Data Are There... Why Aren’t They Used?
- Chung S., Espin C.A. & Stevenson C.E. (2018), CBM maze-scores as indicators of reading level and growth for seventh-grade students, Reading & Writing 31(3): 627-648.
- Espin C.A., Chung S., Foegen A. & Campbell H. (2017), Curriculum-Based Measurement for secondary-school students. In: Pullen P.C., Kennedy Paige M.J. (Eds.) Handbook of Response to Intervention and Multi-Tiered Instruction. New York, Verenigde Staten: Routledge.
- Bosch R.M. van den, Espin C.A., Chung S. & Saab N. (2017), Data-based decision making: Teachers’ comprehension of Curriculum-Based Measurement progress-monitoring graphs, Learning Disabilities Research and Practice 32(1): 46-60.
- Espin C.A., Chung S. & Van den Bosch R.M. (2015), Response-to-Intervention (RTI): Een probleem-oplossende benadering voor leer- en gedragsproblemen in het onderwijs. ORD, Leiden, The Netherlands (Lecture).
- Espin C.A., Chung S. & Van den Bosch R.M. (2015), Response-to-Intervention (RTI): Een probleem-oplossende benadering voor leer- en gedragsproblemen. Nationale Dyslexie Conferentie Lexima, Ede, The Netherlands (Lecture).
- Van den Bosch R.M., Espin C.A. & Chung S. (2015), Teachers' interpretation and use of CBM progress-monitoring graphs: A research-to-practice gap. EARLI Conference, Limassol, Cyprus (Lecture).
- Van den Bosch R.M., Espin C.A. & Chung S. (2015), Teachers' interpretation of CBM progress-monitoring graphs. Pacific Coast Research Conference, San Diego, USA (Lecture).
- Chung S. & Espin C.A. (2013), CBM Progress monitoring in foreign language learning for secondary school students: Technical adequacy of different measures and scoring procedures, Assessment for Effective Intervention 38(4): 236-248.
No relevant ancillary activities