Sarah von Grebmer Zu Wolfsthurn
- Dr. S. von Grebmer Zu Wolfsthurn
- +31 71 527 2125
- ORCID iD
My project focuses on cross-linguistic influence, that is the influence of cognitive properties of one language system (L1) with another language system (L2). This project investigates the effects of interference in grammatical gender by testing whether speakers of an L1 with a gender system that is similar to the gender system of the L2 learn the L2 gender system more easily than speakers whose L1 has a different gender system.
- Faculty of Humanities
- Leiden Univ Centre for Linguistics
- LUCL diversen
- Von Grebmer zu Wolfsthurn S. (17 January 2023), From oscillations to language: behavioural and electroencephalographic studies on cross-language interactions (PhD thesis. Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL), Faculty of Humanities, Leiden University) LOT dissertation series no. 633. Amsterdam: LOT. Supervisor(s) and Co-supervisor(s): Schiller N.O., Pablos-Robles L.
- Von Grebmer Zu Wolfsthurn S., Gupta A., Pablos L. & Schiller N.O. (2023), When left is right: the role of typological similarity in multilinguals’ inhibitory control performance, Bilingualism: Language and Cognition 26(1): 165-178.
- Von Grebmer Zu Wolfsthurn S., Pablos Robles L. & Schiller N.O. (2022), Does your native language matter?: Neural correlates of typological similarity in non-native production, Lingue e Linguaggio 2022(1): 143-169.
- Von Grebmer Zu Wolfsthurn S., Pablos Robles L. & Schiller N.O. (2021), Noun-phrase production as a window to language selection: an ERP study, Neuropsychologia 162: 108055.
- Von Grebmer Zu Wolfsthurn S., Pablos Robles L. & Schiller N.O. (2021), Cross-linguistic interference in late language learners: an ERP study, Brain and Language 221.
No relevant ancillary activities