Sabine van der Asdonk
- Postdoctoral researcher, research group Forensic Family and Youth Care Studies, Leiden University (2019-present)
- Lecturer, research group Forensic Family and Youth Care Studies, Leiden University (2016-present)
- PhD-student, research group Forensic Family and Youth Care Studies, Leiden University (2016-2020)
- MSc Research Master Developmental Psychopathology in Education and Child studies - clinical track, Leiden University (2016)
- Teaching and research assistant, Child and Family Studies, Leiden University (2015)
Sabine’s research focuses on interventions for vulnerable families at risk for child maltreatment. In her dissertation, Sabine investigated the effectiveness of an attachment-based intervention to support placement decisions. During her PhD, Sabine visited the Université du Québec à Montréal, where she investigated whether the effectiveness of a short-term, attachment-based intervention for maltreating families was moderated by parental childhood trauma.
Currently, Sabine is working as a postdoctoral researcher on a project regarding a trauma- and attachment-based treatment program for mothers and their young children after severe domestic violence.
- "Kindermishandeling en -verwaarlozing over de levensloop; een introductie" (lectures)
- Practice of Empirical Research (tutorials)
- "Preventie, family mediation en behandeling in de forensische context" (lectures and tutorials)
- Thesis and internship supervision
- ZonMw grant (2019-2023). Effectively intervening in traumatized parents and children after structural domestic violence: An individualized multi-component approach (Van der Asdonk, S., Alink, L., Draaisma, N., & Schuengel, C.)
- Leids Universitair Fonds and Jo Kolk studiefonds (2018). Grant for study trip to Université du Québec à Montréal
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/sabinevanderasdonk
- Research Gate: www.researchgate.net/profile/Sabine_Van_Der_Asdonk
- Asdonk S. van der (15 September 2020), Growing up safely: Attachment-based interventions in child protection cases (PhD thesis. Leiden Institute of Education and Child Studies, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Leiden University). Supervisor(s) and Co-supervisor(s): Alink, L.R.A., Berkel, S.R. van.
- Asdonk S. van der, Cyr C. & Alink L. (2020), Improving parent-child interactions in maltreating families with the Attachment Video-feedback Intervention: parental childhood trauma as a moderator of treatment effects, Attachment & Human Development .
- Asdonk S. van der, Haan W.D. de, Berkel S.R. van, IJzendoorn M.H. van, Rippe R.C.A., Schuengel C., Kuiper C., Lindauer R.J.L., Overbeek M. & Alink L.R.A. (2020), Effectiveness of an attachment-based intervention for the assessment of parenting capacities in maltreating families: a randomized controlled trial, INFANT MENT HEALTH J 41(6): 821-835.
- Haan W.D. de, Berkel S.R. van, Asdonk S. van der, Finkenauer C., Forder C.J., IJzendoorn M.H. van, Schuengel C. & Alink L.R.A. (2019), Out-of-home placement decisions: How individual characteristics of professionals are reflected in deciding about child protection cases, Developmental Child Welfare 1(4): 312-326.
- Haan W.D. de, Asdonk S. van der, Forder C.J., Berkel S.R. van & Alink L.R.A. (2019), The quality of out-of-home placement decisions: individual characteristics of and agreement among decision-makers, Developmental Child Welfare 1(4): 312-326.
- Van der Asdonk S., Van Berkel S.R., De Haan W.D., Van IJzendoorn M.H., Schuengel C. & Alink L.R.A. (2019), Improving decision-making agreement in child protection cases by using information regarding parents' response to an intervention: A vignette study, Children and Youth Services Review 107: e104501.
- Van der Asdonk S., Van Berkel S.R., De Haan W.D., Van IJzendoorn M.H., Schuengel C. & Alink L.R.A. (2018), Improving decision-making in child protection cases.. 16th World Association for Infant Mental Health Congress 26 5 2018-30 5 2018 [conference poster].
No relevant ancillary activities