Philippe van Gruisen
Philippe van Gruisen is an Assistant Professor at the department of Economics at Leiden University.
Philippe van Gruisen is an Assistant Professor at the department of Economics at Leiden University. His research and teaching mainly focus on the political economy of the European Union. He further coordinates the BSc program Economics, Public Administration and Management.
Philippe defended his dissertation “The Political Economy of Decision-Making in the Council of the European Union” in 2018 at the KU Leuven. A year later this dissertation got nominated for the Els Witte Prize.
• Assistant Professor of Economics
• Coordinator of the BSc program Economics, Public Administration and Management
• Research Fellow Leiden Law School
• 2014-2018: PhD Applied Economics (Political Economics), KU Leuven.
• 2016-2017: Doctoral courses in Political Economics, Stanford University.
• 2012-2013: MSc Applied Economics, KU Leuven.
• 2009-2012: BSc Applied Economics, Hasselt University.
- European Economic Integration (coordination)
- The Economics of the European Union (coordination)
- Managerial Economics, Business and Politics
- MA-theses (MPA)
- Information activities Public Administration (coordination)
- Coordination EBM/BSK
- Gruisen P. van & Crombez C. (2021), The Commission and the Council Presidency in the European Union: Strategic Interactions and Legislative powers, European Journal of Political Economy (102040).
- Huysmans M. & Gruisen P. van (2021), Substance and subsidiarity: the economic dimension of conflict in the early warning system, Journal of European integration .
- Gruisen P. van & Huysmans M. (4 June 2020), The informational value of the EU's Early Warning System. Europpblog: LSE [blog entry].
- Gruisen P. van & Huysmans M. (2020), The Early Warning System and policymaking in the European Union, European Union Politics 21(3): 451-473.
- Gruisen P. van (2020), La révision des traités de l’Union européenne. In: Guénette D., Taillon P. & Verdussen M. (Eds.) La révision constitutionnelle dans tous ses états. Montréal: Éditions Yvon Blais-Thomson Reuters. 173-191.
- Gruisen P. van & Crombez C. (2019), National Parliamentary Control and Voting in the Council of the European Union, European Journal of Political Research 58(3): 981-1000.
- Gruisen P. van (2019), The Trio Presidency and the Efficiency of Council Decision-Making: An Empirical Study, Journal of Common Market Studies 57(4): 692-709.
- Gruisen P. van, Vangerven P. & Crombez C. (2019), Voting Behavior in the Council of the European Union: the Effect of the Trio Presidency, Political Science Research and Methods 7(3): 489-504.
No relevant ancillary activities