Olaf Simonse is a dual PhD candidate at Leiden University Dual PhD Centre. 'Promoting cautionary savings and use of benefits by low income households in the Netherlands'.
Olaf Simonse studied econometry at Tilburg University, and obtained a degree in Operations Research. He worked at IBM for 12 years, fulfilling several roles (programmer, analyst, teamleader, project manager and manager). Simonse made a career switch in 2007 to work for government, where he has been responsible for leading the Money Wise Platform, a programme aimed at increasing financial competencies of Dutch citizens. The platform involves organisations from (financial) business, government, NGOs and academia. The last couple of years, his interest in scientific research has grown, and he is the co-author of a number of articles on financial literacy.
- Faculteit der Sociale Wetenschappen
- Instituut Psychologie
- Soc., Econom. en Organisat Psych.
- Simonse O., Knoef M.G., Dillen L.F. van, Dijk W. van & Dijk E. van (2023), Psychological barriers to take-up of healthcare and child support benefits in the Netherlands, Journal of European Social Policy 33(3): 353-372.
- Dare S.E., Dijk W.W. van, Dijk E. van Dillen L.F. van, Gallucci M & Simonse O. (2023), How executive functioning and financial self-efficacy predict subjective financial well-being via positive financial behaviors, Journal of Family and Economic Issues 44(2): 232-248.
- Simonse O., Vanderveen G., Dillen L.F. van, Dijk W.W. van & Dijk E. van (2023), Social security or insecurity? The experience of welfare participation by financially vulnerable households in the Netherlands, Social Policy and Administration 57(3): 255-271.
- Simonse O., Vanderveen G., Dillen L.F. van, Dijk W. van & Dijk E. van (2022), Waarom mensen geen gebruik maken van sociale voorzieningen, Sociaal Bestek 84(6).
- Simonse O., Dijk W. van, Dillen L.F. van & Dijk E. van (2022), The role of financial stress in mental health changes during COVID-19, Mental Health Research 1: 15.
- Dare S.E., Dijk W.W. van, Dijk E. van, Dillen L.F. van, Gallucci M. & Simonse O. (2020), The effect of financial education on pupil's financial knowlegde and skills: evidence from a Solomon four-group design, The Journal of Educational Research 113(2): 93-107.
- Dare S.E., Dijk W.W. van, Dijk E. van, Dillen L.F. van, Gallucci M. & Simonse O. (2020), The road to financial satisfaction: testing the paths of knowledge, attitudes, sense of control and positive financial behaviors, Journal of Financial Therapy 11(2): e2.