Maretha de Jonge
Professor Education and Child Studies
Maretha de Jonge studied Child and adolescent social work (Rotterdam, 1991) and Education and Child Studies (Orthopedagogiek, Utrecht, 1995). In 2006, she completed her PhD thesis on endophenotypic markers and the broader phenotype of Autism Spectrum Disorders. In addition to her work at the Leiden University, she works at the Psychiatry department of the University Medical Centre Utrecht as a child- and educational psychologist and a cognitive behavioural therapist. She is specialised in the diagnostic assessment and the treatment of children and adolescents with developmental disorders –specifically autism spectrum disorders and selective mutism – and supporting their families and teachers.
CV Maretha de Jonge (Aug. 2017)
Maretha strongly believes in the benefits of integrating research and clinical work. Research underpins evidence-based practice, while clinical practice fuels research. Her research focuses on behaviour and cognition of children/adolescents with autism spectrum disorders or selective mutism. She developed the cognitive behavioural intervention “Spreekt voor zich” for young children with selective mutism.
- Clinical Child, Family and Education psychologist (Orthopedagoog-Generalist, NVO registered);
- Child and adolescent psychologist (Gezondheidszorgpsycholoog, BIG registered);
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapist for children and adolescents (VGCT registered).
- Internationaal trainer ADI-R en ADOS; registered: international pool, Cornell University
- UMC Utrecht, Department of Psychiatry, developmental disorders
Registered child and adolescent (educational) psychologist and registered cognitive behavioural therapist.
- RINO Groep
Lecturer within the postgraduate program for GZ-psychologists
- Nour Foundation
The Nour Foundation aims to contribute to improving global mental health for children and their families affected developmental disorders and autism. The Nour Foundation initiates exchange-visits to allow professionals, students and parents to share knowledge and expertise both in clinical practice and in research. The area of focus is Morocco.
- Foundation for treatment of selective mutism
Founder and advisor
This foundation had been set up to realize the development of a treatment protocol for children with selective mutism. This resulted in the release of the cognitive behavioral treatment protocol “Spreekt voor zich”. The foundation now aims to contribute to the further development of this protocol and to contribute to sharing knowledge about selective mutism.
Spreekt voor zich
- Hoofdopleider OG opleiding regio Leiden/R'dam/Utrecht
- Hoofdopleider GZ opleiding K&J regio Leiden/R'dam
- initiator/oprichter en adviseur van de stichting
- kwaliteitsbewaking bundeling/verzameling wetenschappelijke kennis KC en signaleren kennislacunes
- Initiator en voorzitter
- Commissie tbv organisatie, kwaliteit en ontwikkeling van trainingen in NL taalgebied
- Docent ADOS-2 en ADI-R landelijke trainingen in hoedanigheid geaccrediteerd internationaal trainer