Fields of interest
- Comparative and diachronic syntax
- Historical linguistics
- Greek linguistics
- Latin linguistics
- Romance linguistics
- Italian linguistics
- Italian language acquisition
- Romance linguistics
- Latin grammar
- European languages (BAIS Thesis seminar)
2016 PhD in Linguistics (Universiteit Leiden). Title of the dissertation: Argument structure, alignment and auxiliaries between Latin and Romance
2012 Visiting PhD student at University of Cambridge (Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages)
2010 ResMa Degree in Classics and Historical Linguistics. University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
2008-2009 Erasmus-exchange student at Leiden University (Classics/LUCL)
- (forthcoming).‘The syntax of gerundial periphrases in Romance’ (with J. Casalicchio). Revue Roumaine de Linguistique.
- (2017) ‘Sui possessivi (enclitici) nelle varietà italo-romanze meridionali non estreme’ (with R. D’Alessandro). Di tutti i colori - Studi linguistici per Maria Grossmann.
- (2015a). ‘Between Latin and Romance. Some notes on the perfect’ . In Romance Linguistics and Linguistic Theory 2013. Aboh E. O., J. C. Schaeffer & Petra Sleeman (eds). 159-174. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- (2015b). ‘Dal latino alle lingue romanze. Uno studio sull’ausiliazione perfettiva nei dialetti italiani centro-meridionali’. In Ledgeway, A., Cennamo, M. and Mensching, G. (eds) Actes du XXVIIe Congrès international de linguistique et de philologie romanes (Nancy, 15-20 juillet 2013), Séction 4 : Syntaxe. 313-324. Strasbourg : Société de linguistique romane/ÉLiPh
- (2014) ‘Little v as a field. Evidence from the Latin verbal system’. In Iyer, J. and L. Kusmer (eds) Proceedings of the 44th Annual Meeting of the North-East Linguistic Society, 2-27-38. Amherst, MA.
- L’agricoltura antica. I “Geoponica” di Cassiano Basso (ISBN 978-88-498-2389-9) (Books X and XI).
Conference presentations and lectures (selected)
‘The syntax of progressive Gerunds in Romance’ (with J. Casalicchio).
Romance L inguistics seminarsUniversity of Cambridge, 16th February 2017
‘Latin deponent verbs and the active/inactive alignment’.
Graduate seminars in linguistics. Università Ca’ Foscari – Venezia. February 2014.
‘The perfect and other periphrases between Latin an Romance’.
Graduate seminars in linguistics. Università degli Studi di Padova. February 2014.
‘The syntax of Latin –r forms’.
Syntax Lab, University of Cambridge, 10th December 2012.
‘The Latin perfect split: a syntax-morphology mismatch?’.
Syntax-Interface Meetings, Universiteit Utrecht, 11th February 2013.
‘Gerundial progressive constructions in Romance’ (with J. Casalicchio).
16th Conference on Romance Linguistics. University of Bucharest, 25-26 november 2016.
‘Argument structure, alignment and auxiliation between Latin and Romance’.
IDM 205 and CIDSM X. Leiden University, 22-24 June 2015.
‘Voice* in Old Italian (with Irene Franco)’.
IGG40. Università di Trento, 13-15 February 2014.
‘Between Latin and Romance. Some notes on the perfect’.
Going Romance : XXVII Symposium on Romance Linguistics. Universiteit van Amsterdam, 28-30 November 2013.
‘Little v as a field. Evidence from the Latin verbal system’.
The 44th Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society. University of Connecticut, 18-20 October 2013.
‘On (enclitic) possessives’ (with Roberta D’Alessandro).
CIDSM VIII. University of Cambridge, June 2013.
‘Dal latino alle lingue romanze. Uno studio diacronico sull’ausiliazione nei dialetti italiani centro-meridionali’. XXVIIe Congrès International de LPR, Université de Nancy, 14-20 July 2013.
‘Split auxiliary selection in Southern Italian Dialects: synchrony and diachrony’ (with G. Torcolacci). LOT Winter School 2012, Universiteit Tilburg.
‘Agreement at narrow syntax, PF or both. Evidence from Latin’. Brussels Conference of Generative Linguistics 6, Configurations of Agreement, CRISSP,19-20 December 2011.
Organization of seminars/conferences
Member of the organizing committee of the following conferences/seminars:
- Italian Dialect Meeting and CIDSM X (Leiden University, June 2015)
- Com(parative) Syn(tax) Meetings (Leiden University, 2012-2014)
- Little v workshop, Leiden University, october 2013.
- Romance Lab (Leiden University, 2010-2012)
- Italian Dialects Meeting (Leiden University, May 2012)
- Italian Dialects in Diachrony (Leiden University, May 2011)
- Going Romance (Leiden University, December 2010)
May 2012-2014: Member of the LUCL PhD-Council
- Docent Italiaanse Taal en Cultuur