Frank Doolaard graduated at Leiden University in Economic and Consumer Psychology. Currently he works as a PhD candidate on the project ‘Making sense of social exclusion’, under supervision of Prof. Dr. Eric van Dijk, Dr. Marret Noordewier and Dr. Gert-Jan Lelieveld. This project investigates when people exclude others. In order to gain insight in the dynamics of exclusion, both excluding actors and excluded targets are investigated.
Among other topics, this research project focuses on:
- Factors that play a role in the decision to exclude another
- How people experience rejecting others
- The process of exclusion (e.g. behaviors/expressions that communicate exclusion)
- The impact of financial scarcity on feelings of inclusion in society
- The Psychology of Selling and Advertising (Master ECP)
- Thesis supervision (Master S&O/ECP)