PhD candidate / postdoc
- F. Donati MSc
- +31 71 527 4571
- ORCID iD
Franco Donati is a PhD student in Industrial Ecology. He gained a BSc in Industrial Design at the Polytechnic of Turin (Italy) in 2010.
Franco Donati is a PhD student in Industrial Ecology. He gained a BSc in Industrial Design at the Polytechnic of Turin (Italy) in 2010. There he graduated with a thesis focused on the design and development of eco-sustainable toys. Shortly after his graduation, he moved to Santa Barbara (USA) where he worked as a product designer in the development of renewable energy technologies for marine and residential applications. He moved to The Netherlands in 2014 to obtain a MSc degree in Industrial Ecology from Leiden University and TU Delft. He graduated in 2017 with a thesis on modelling Circular Economy policies in Environmentally-Extended Input-Output.
His PhD research focuses on scenario modelling and data mining for Industrial Ecology and Circular Economy. He is currently working on RaMa-Scene under EIT Raw Materials. The aim of the project is that of providing a course and web-platform to improve knowledge of raw materials and enable micro/macro decision making for the analysis of political and technological interventions aimed at improving resource supply security and efficiency as well as economic and environmental performances.
PhD candidate / postdoc
- Centrum voor Milieuwetenschappen Leiden
- CML/Industriele Ecologie
Work addressVan Steenis
2333 CC Leiden
Room number A3.20
- Donati F., Dente S.M.R., Li C., Vilaysouk X., Froemelt A., Nishant R., Liu G., Tukker A. & Hashimoto S. (2022), The future of artificial intelligence in the context of industrial ecology, Journal of Industrial Ecology 26(4): 1175-1181.
- Donati F. & Tukker A. (2022), Environmental pressures and value added related to imports and exports of the Dutch agricultural sector, Sustainability 14(10): 6057.
- Donati F. & Tukker A. (2020), Milieudruk Nederlandse landbouwimport groter dan die van de -export, ESB news 105(4791S): 12-17.
- Donati F. (16 July 2020), Data and Tools for a Sustainable Circular Economy. Circular Conversations. Rotterdam [blog entry].
- Donati F., Niccolson S.I., Koning A. de, Daniels B., Christis M., Boonen K., Geerken T., Dias Rodrigues J.F. & Tukker A. (2021), Modeling the circular economy in environmentally extended input-output: a web application, Journal of Industrial Ecology 25(1): 36-50.
- Cetinay Iyicil H., Donati F., Heijungs R. & Sprecher B. (2020), Efficient computation of environmentally extended input-output scenario and circular economy modeling, Journal of Industrial Ecology 24(5): 976-985.
- Aguilar Hernandez G.A., Siguenza Sanchez C.P., Donati F., Merciai S., Schmidt J., Dias Rodrigues J.F. & Tukker A. (2020), Corrigendum to “The circularity gap of nations: A multiregional analysis of waste generation, recovery, and stock depletion in 2011” [Resour. Conserv. Recy. 151 (2019) 104452], Resources, Conservation and Recycling 154: 104604.
- Donati F., Aguilar-Hernandez G.A., Sigüenza-Sánchez C.P., Koning A. de, Dias Rodrigues J.F. & Tukker A. (2020), Modeling the circular economy in environmentally extended input-output tables: Methods, software and case study, Resources Conservation and Recycling 152: 104508.
- Aguilar-Hernandez G.A., Siguenza -Sanchez C.P., Donati F., Merciai S., Schmidt J., Dias Rodrigues J.F. & Tukker A. (2019), The circularity gap of nations: A multiregional analysis of waste generation, recovery, and stock depletion in 2011, Resources, Conservation and Recycling 151: 104452.
- Aguilar-Hernandez G.A., Sigüenza-Sanchez C.P., Donati F., Rodrigues J.F.D. & Tukker A. (2018), Assessing circularity interventions: a review of EEIOA-based studies, Journal of Economic Structures 7(14): 1-24.
- Volunteer and advocacy work on the human right to science