Dan Gao graduated from the master in the Institute of Developmental and Educational Psychology at East China Normal University, China in 2019. She is currently a PhD candidate at Parenting, Child Care and Development programme group, Leiden University. Dan Gao’s research interests focus on the relation between parenting practices and parent-child interactions and child social-emotional development across different cultural contexts. She is currently involved in the research project: ‘Children’s Interpersonal Trust Development: A Longitudinal Cross-Cultural Study.’
- 2018-2019: Visiting Scholar, Culture, Child and Adolescent Development Laboratory, University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- Children’s Successful Transition and Adaptation Research Study
- Virtual Reality Project: Healthy Development in Young Adults
- 2017-2019: Research Assistant, Child and Adolescent Health and Development Center, East China Normal University
- Chinese Families’ Environment and Children’s Social, Emotional and Health Development Project
- 2016-2017: Research Assistant, Educational Neuroscience Center, East China Normal University
- Reading Ability and Visual Processing Project
- 2020: Biennial Meeting of the International Society for the Study of Behavioural Development (ISSBD) Travel Grant
- 2018: East China Normal University Study Abroad Scholarship. Visiting scholar research in University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- 2016 - 2019: East China Normal University Graduate Academic Scholarship
- Gao D., Hart C.H., Cheah C.S., Balkaya M., Vu K.T. & Liu J. (2021), Chinese American children’s temperamental shyness and responses to peer victimization as moderated by maternal praise, Journal of Family Psychology .
- Gao D., Liu J., Bullock A., Li D. & Chen X. (2021), Transactional models linking maternal authoritative parenting, child self-esteem, and approach coping strategies, Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology 73.
- Gao D., Bullock A. & Liu J. (2021), Cross-lagged panel analyses of maternal psychological control and young adolescents’ emotion regulation, Journal of Adolescence 87: 52-62.
- Gao D., Liu J., Bullock A. & Chen X. (2020), Children's interpretation moderates relations of maternal autonomy support with sociability and assertiveness in China, Social Development .