2013 – present
Assistant professor of Forensic family studies, Institute of Education and Child Studies, Leiden University
Doctorate degree (PhD) at Leiden University, Institute of Education and Child Studies, department of Learning Problems and Impairments. Thesis: Storybook Apps As A Tool For Early Literacy Development.
PhD student at Leiden University, Institute of Education and Child Studies, department of Learning Problems and Impairments.
M. Sc. Developmental Psychology (cum laude) at Maastricht University, Faculty of Psychology
B. Sc. Biological Psychology at Maastricht University, Faculty of Psychology
- Adoption and Foster care. Recent study: teachers’ challenges when foster children enter their classroom. See www.raadpleeg.org: website to support teachers - in Dutch
- Pedagogical insights regarding legal and forensic procedures. Recent study: legal position of minors in Dutch family law proceedings - in collaboration with Leiden Law School, among others.
Contributions in many courses throughout the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Education and Child Studies at Leiden University.
- Introduction to Psychology
- Practicing Research
- Legal and Ethical Procedures
- Forensic Aspects of Child Abuse
- Adoption and Foster Care
- Digital media in the family: opportunities and challenges
- Master theses
Award for 'Excellent teacher 2016-2017’ of the Institute of Education and Child Studies, Leiden.
No relevant ancillary activities