Anja van der Voort
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Education and Child Studies, Leiden University (2016-present)
- PhD in Social and Behavioral Sciences, Child and Family Studies, Leiden University (2014). Doctoral thesis: The importance of sensitive parenting. A longitudinal adoption study on maternal sensitivity, problem behavior, and cortisol secretion. (Summary below)
- Lecturer at Leiden University, 2006-present
- Masters degree in Child and family studies (Cum Laude), University of Amsterdam (2005)
Academic grants and awards
- The 2015 Outstanding Paper Award by the Emerald Literati Network for "Sensitive parenting foundation for secure attachment relationships and positive social-emotional developement of children", Co-authors: Femmie Juffer and Marian Bakermans-Kranenbug.
- Excellent Teacher Award of the Institute of Education and Child Studies, 2013
- Leiden University Fund (LUF), Conference participation grant (European Conference on Developmental Psychology), 2013
- Honorable Mention poster presentation of the Institute of Education and Child Studies, 2013 ( Internalizing Behavior from Infancy to Adolescence in Early-Adopted Children: Associations with Child Inhibition and Maternal Sensitivity)
Main research areas
Sensitive parenting, adoption, problem behavior, temperament, methods and statistics.
Several courses in the bachelor program such as Practices of Research Methods 1 and 2, Methods of Qualitative Research, SPSS,and Adoption and Foster Care.