Aleksandrina Skvortsova is a post-doctoral researcher at the unit Health, Medical and Neuropsychology of Leiden University’s Institute of Psychology.
Aleksandrina completed her PhD in the ERC project of Andrea Evers ‘Empowering expectations for health and disease: Training the immune and endocrine system’. Her research focused on classical conditioning of endocrine responses and the link between endocrine system and placebo and nocebo effects in pain.
At the moment, Aleksandrina does research on classical conditioning of insulin responses in diabetes type-2. Moreover, she is involved in the knowledge exploration project “Sex and gender differences and diabetes”.
- PhD dissertation “Placebo effects and the neuroendocrine system: the role of oxytocin”, Leiden Universty
- Research Master in Behavioural Sciences, Radboud University, Nijmegen, 2014
- Supervision of Bachelor projects
- Supervision of internal and external master theses and research internships
- Skvortsova A., Veldhuijzen D.S., Rover M. de, Pacheco-Lopez G., Bakermans-Kranenburg M., IJzendoorn M. van, Chavannes N.H., Middendorp H. van & Evers A.W.M. (2020), Effects of oxytocin administration and conditioned oxytocin on brain activity: an fMRI study, PLoS ONE 15(3): e0229692.
- Skvortsova A. (29 October 2019), Placebo effects and the endocrine system: the role of oxytocin (PhD thesis. Department of Psychology, Health, Medical and Neuropsychology, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Leiden). Supervisor(s) and Co-supervisor(s): Evers, A.W.M., Veldhuijzen, D.S.; Middendorp, H. van.
- Skvortsova A., Veldhuijzen D.S., Middendorp H. van, Colloca L. & Evers A.W.M. (2020), Effects of oxytocin on placebo and nocebo effects in a pain conditioning paradigm: a randomized controlled trial, The Journal of Pain 21(3-4): 430-439.
- Skvortsova A., Veldhuijzen D.S., Kloosterman I.E.M., Meijer O.C., Middendorp H. van, Pacheco-Lopez G. & Evers A.W.M. (2019), Conditioned hormonal responses: A systematic review in animals and humans, Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology 52: 206-218.
- Skvortsova A., Veldhuijzen D.S., Middendorp H. van, Bergh O. van den & Evers A.W.M. (2018), Enhancing placebo effects in somatic symptoms through oxytocin, Psychosomatic Medicine 80(4): 353-360.
No relevant ancillary activities