Kuiper-Overpelt Study Fund
The Kuiper-Overpelt Study Fund is a scholarship programme for talented students from developing countries who wish to follow the Master of Laws Advanced Studies programme in International Children’s Rights and meet all criteria for admission.
- 1 March 2021
- Target group
- Countries/ nationalities
- Nationals of developing countries
- Scholarship type
Students who wish to follow, and meet the admission criteria for, the Master of Laws: Advanced Studies programme in International Children’s Rights.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a national of a country with medium (113-151) or low (152-189) ranking on the HDI Index (see: www.hdr.undp.org/en/countries).
- lack the financial means to follow the study programme without the assistance of a scholarship.
- be highly motivated to follow the Master of Laws Advanced Studies programme in International Children’s Rights.
The applicant must have the firm intention of returning to his or her home country after graduation and bringing into practice the knowledge obtained during the programme, in order to improve the implementation of international children’s rights in their home country. The applicant must be willing to sign a letter of intent to this effect.
You cannot be awarded a Kuiper-Overpelt Study Fund scholarship if:
- you have already obtained another scholarship.
- you will follow a study programme other than the Master of Laws Advanced Studies programme in International Children’s Rights at Leiden University.
The scholarships amount to €25,000, which covers the full tuition fee of €18,800 and part of the recipient's living costs. The duration of the scholarship is one year.
- Submit an online application for admission to the Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Children’s Rights and pay the application fee of € 100. Don't forget to upload a valid English test result in your application.
- In your online application, upload a letter of motivation for the Kuiper-Overpelt Study Fund scholarship in which you briefly explain:
- your financial situation and why you are unable to follow the programme without a scholarship.
- your reasons for wishing to follow the study programme.
- After submitting your online application, send an e-mail to the programme coordinator via email@example.com indicating your interest in the scholarship and attaching your scholarship motivation letter.
Candidates for the scholarship are selected by the Admission Board of the programme and the scholarship's private donors. Scholarship decisions will be announced no later than 3 May 2021.
The Kuiper-Overpelt Study Fund is a named Fund at the Leiden University Fund (LUF), which aims to enable students from developing countries to study at Leiden University and subsequently participate constructively in the civil society, the government or the development of their country of origin.
Contact Ms. Esther Uiterweerd, Programme Coordinator Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Children’s Rights, via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional financial information
This is not a full scholarship and does not cover all the recipients expenses in The Netherlands. Students must be able to fund the remainder of their travel, housing and living costs. You can find information on monthly living costs in the Netherlands on our financial matters page.
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application for admission to Leiden University before the deadline mentioned above. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.