Quantification, Administrative Capacity, and Democracy (QUAD)
The impact of quantification—policy making and administrative control are increasingly driven by calculations such as cost-benefit analyses, estimates of social and financial returns, measurements of performance and risk, benchmarking—on public service, citizenship, and democracy.
- Arjen Boin
- Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR, France)
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, Germany)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC, UK)
- Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (NWO, Netherlands)
- Centre for Analysis of Risk and Regulation at the London School of Economics and Political Science (United Kingdom)
- Centre de Sociologie de l’Innovation at Mines ParisTech (France)
- Faculty of Sociology at Bielefeld University (Germany)
- Department of Management Accounting and Control at Helmut-Schmidt University Hamburg (Germany)
- Institute of Political Science at Leiden University (Netherlands)
Further information can be found on the LSE Accounting website.