The Cognitive Continuum of Electronic Music
From The Cognitive Continuum of Electronic Music: "The use of the electronic medium to compose music entails a variety of cognitive idiosyncrasies experienced by both the artist and the audience."
- Anıl Çamcı
- 03 December 2014
- Full text available in Leiden Repository
In this dissertation the author argues that our experience of electronic music is guided by a cognitive continuum rooted in our everyday experiences. He describes this continuum as spanning from abstract to representational based on the relationship of gestures in electronic music to events in the environment.
- Prof. Frans de Ruiter - 1st promotor - Universiteit Leiden
- Prof. Richard Barrett - 2nd promotor - Instituut voor Sonologie, Koninlijk Conservatorium Den Haag / Universiteit Leiden
- Dr. Vincent Meelberg - co-promotor - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen / docARTES Universiteit Leiden
- Dr. Elif Özcan - co-promotor - Technische Universiteit Delft