Leiden University offers students the opportunity to follow online courses that award study credits, thus avoiding the necessity of travelling abroad.
Students can obtain study credits in their optional subjects and/or in their honours programme for following online academic courses given by Leiden University, or by a partner organisation.
- Flexible learning: the material is available online 24/7. You can 'attend' the lectures and do the assignments when it suits you.
- Skills: online teaching makes a positive contribution to the development of digital and intercultural communication skills. Plus, you also work on building an international network.
- Future prospects: Gaining specialist knowledge in areas of interest from high-ranking institutions within an international context also supports your future prospects.
Range of online courses
Leiden University and the partner organisations offer around 20 online courses. The subjects all fall within the elective credits of the degree programme and are accessible for students enrolled at one of the participating universities.
- TU Delft
- Wageningen University
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Université catholique de Louvain
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Sorbonne University
- Australian National University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Adelaide
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Rice University
Check the Virtual Exchange page on our website for more information.