Mobility and Security in Europe
The project on Mobility and Security in Europe (MOSE) will look at the EU’s response to real and perceived security threats in a European Union without internal borders.
Jorrit Rijpma awarded EU funding as Jean Monnet Chair
Jorrit Rijpma, Associate Professor of EU law at the Europa Institute of Leiden Law School, has been named Jean Monnet Chair by the European Commission in August 2017. Along with the honorary title, Rijpma has received a three-year grant for his project on Mobility and Security in Europe (MOSE), allowing him to develop a number of teaching activities in the field of EU Justice and Home Affairs Law. In addition, a number of research and outreach activities will be organized around this theme. The project will look at the EU’s response to real and perceived security threats in a European Union without internal borders.
Jean Monnet programme
The Jean Monnet programme supports teaching positions in the field of EU studies worldwide and chairs are awarded following a competitive international procedure. In 2017 only three such chairs were awarded to academics in the Netherlands. Recent Leiden recipients of the award include Professor Bernard Steunenberg and Professor Madeleine Hosli of the Faculty for Governance and Global Affairs.
- 07-03-2019 Leiden Law Students visit Europol
- 14-12-2018 Students LL.M. European Law visit Eurojust
- 23-11-2018 Jorrit Rijpma visits Brussels with the students of the LDE Master Governance of Migration and Diversity
- 06-11-2018 Melanie Fink and Jorrit Rijpma present advice to the Frontex Consultative Forum in Warsaw
- 06-11-2018 Jorrit Rijpma speaks in Georgia on mobility and security
- 12-07-2018 Jorrit Rijpma participates in Roundtable on EU Foreign Policy and Border Management
- 12-07-2018 Jorrit Rijpma in het nieuws over de migratiecrisis
- 06-07-2018 Succesful first MOSE Young Researcher Workshop
- 02-07-2018 Jorrit Rijpma studiogast bij Nieuwsuur over de EU en migratie
- 29-06-2018 Jorrit Rijpma geeft commentaar op EU migratieplannen
- 31-05-2018 European law master students publish on Leiden Law Blog
- 13-03-2018 Students complete Honours Class on the aftermath of the Refugee Crisis
- 28-02-2018 Jorrit Rijpma speaks at Roundtable at the University of Amsterdam
- 22-02-2018 Melanie Fink and Jorrit Rijpma discuss questions of accountability with Frontex
- 19-02-2018 Students of the Leiden LL.M. in European Law visit Eurojust
- 06-02-2018 Jorrit Rijpma holds a series of lectures at the Erasmus University
- 18-01-2018 Jorrit Rijpma opens calender year with the Meijers Lecture