Deep Learning for Beginners: How to Make a Computer Think like a Human
- Thursday 13 April 2023
- 5 sessions, biweekly 13:00-14:00: 16 Feb, 2 Mar, 16 Mar, 30 Mar, 13 Apr
- P.J. Veth
2311 VJ Leiden
- Digital Lab 1.07
Learn the basics of deep-learning!
Deep-learning has been used in many recent applications. You’ve likely seen use cases such as Stable diffusion, DALL-E image generation, ChatGPT text generation, image classification and, object detection in self-driving cars. Deep-learning is also gaining popularity in the humanities beyond NLP uses.
1. Tensors: The powerhouse of Deep Learning (16 February)
2. Harnessing the power of randomness: Training Loops & Lineair regression using Neural Networks (2 March)
3. Unleashing the Potential of Images as Data (16 March)
4. Conquering image classification with Convolutional Neural Networks (30 March)
5. Leveraging the power of Transfer Learning: Harnessing the knowledge of other datasets to reach new heights. (13 April)
Join our 5-part workshop series and go from zero to building a basic image classification model. With this knowledge, you can continue to teach yourself further in expanding beyond the focus of images onto other forms of data such a text (NLP tasks).
Fill in the form to sign up for this bi-weekly course starting from the 16th of February 13:00-14:00