Clinical Neuropsychology (MSc)
Admission requirements February 2023
Is this the master's specialisation of your choice? Please read here about the admissibility for this programme.
The following diploma requirements apply for this programme:
Students with a Bachelor in Psychology from Leiden University have to complete the appropriate specialisation course (see this PDF file for the course).
Prospective students should:
- have earned a Bachelor degree in Psychology at a Research University (not at a University of Applied Sciences / Professional Education) or demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements for such a degree, and;
- have sufficient knowledge of Methodology and Statistics (at least 20 EC): introductory and more advanced courses in methods and statistics of psychological research (including psychometrics, multivariate data analysis) and the use of SPSS, and;
- possess the skills, understanding and knowledge that are required for earning the bachelor’s degree; more specifically knowledge on university level of the following topics:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Social and Organisational Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Neuropsychology and/or Psychophysiology and/or Biopsychology
- Clinical and Abnormal Psychology
- Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Theory or training in interpersonal skills, such as interview, counselling, discussion techniques
- Theory or training in psycho diagnostics
- Advanced courses (at least 30 ec) on a third year Bachelor level on topics pertaining to this master specialisation
For students applying for the master’s specialisation Clinical Neuropsychology there will be an additional Entry Assessment Clinical Neuropsychology. Go to the information on the entry assessment.
Prospective students should have proof of thorough proficiency in English by means of one of the following tests:
- IELTS overall 7.0, with minimum band scores of 6.5.
- TOEFL overall 100, with minimum band scores of 22.
- Cambridge English Exam CPE/CAE overall 185, with minimum band scores of 176.
For detailed information about which English qualifications are accepted, as well as the relevant exemption criteria, refer to English language proficiency.
Go to the next step: Check the entry assessment February 2023