Europe 1000-1800 (MA)
Starting in September
- If you need a visa or residence permit the deadline is 1 April.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit the deadline is 15 June.
Starting in February
- If you need a visa or residence permit the deadline is 15 October.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit the deadline is 1 December.
- If you need to apply for admission make sure you initiate your application in Studielink a week before the application deadline. After this first step you will be sent log-in details for our online application portal (uSis) where you can apply for admission. This can take a couple of days. So please take this into consideration when planning your application and don’t wait till the last minute.
- Make sure that you submit your complete application before the deadline. If your application is not complete before the deadline, it will not be processed.
- On top of that, you may have to take an additional entrance exam or submit additional documentation. If you apply at the last minute, you risk missing deadlines, such as those for housing or visa applications.
- Late applications will only be considered in exceptional cases, and at the discretion of the faculty Board of Admissions.
- Please read the explanation of the application procedure carefully.
If you want to apply for housing through the Leiden University Housing Office other deadlines apply. Our advice: as housing cannot be guaranteed, apply for housing and pay the housing fee as soon as possible. Deadlines for payment of the housing fee are: 1 June (September intake) and 15 November (February intake), but don’t wait!
Scholarships, grants and loans
Do you want to apply for a scholarship, grant or loan? Please note, these have different application deadline.
If you want to be sure of getting a room, you are advised to submit your housing application and fee well in advance of the deadline. You do not need to wait until you have been admitted to start your housing application! The housing application deadlines are:
- 1 June - fall semester
- 15 November - spring semester
Please be aware that the Housing Office cannot guarantee accommodation to all students who request housing.